Saturday 24 September 2011

How to change my Windows XP SP2 sound theme to match Windows vista?

Ok After I download the Vista theme for my XP Pro, I soon discover that the sound didn't match the theme so whre can I download the sound themes for my XP Pro AKA (XP Vista)? By the way do you like my new windows name? I named it LOL!!!!
How to change my Windows XP SP2 sound theme to match Windows vista?
Maybe you reffer to sounds that are assigned to program events, aren't you?

Here's what I copied from Windows XP Help:





%26quot;To assign sounds to program events

Open Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel.

On the Sounds tab, in the Program events list, click the program event to which you want to assign a sound.

In the Sounds box, click the sound you want to play whenever the selected program event occurs.

If the sound you want to use is not listed, click Browse to search for it.

Notes



To open Sounds and Audio Devices, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Sounds and Audio Devices.

To test a sound, in the Sounds box, click the sound you want to test, and then click Play sound . To stop the sound, click Stop . %26quot;



So, you can find ( for Windows XP ) the sound files used by default on the folder : c: \Windows\Media.

I think you can copy them from a computer with Windows XP and assign them to program events on your computer ( having Vista). I think it should work. It never crossed my mind to try because I didn't have such a problem or curiosity!
How to change my Windows XP SP2 sound theme to match Windows vista?
there are utilities are avilable in market