Wednesday 26 October 2011

Can anyone tell me how to change from windows xp to windows vista without installing the vista os?

Impossible to do without formating and losing all your data, which is what I know you mean. You may only upgrade from lesser versions of Vista to more expensive variants. Here is a link for proof: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/product鈥?/a>



If you want Vista, you will have to kiss your XP goodbye. There is no upgrade disk.
Can anyone tell me how to change from windows xp to windows vista without installing the vista os?
That's impossible....
Can anyone tell me how to change from windows xp to windows vista without installing the vista os?
In your question you answered yourself. Change. You have to change OS, which means a new install. Sorry bud.
I think you might need to rephrase this question. I don't think it makes any sense. The definition of changing from Windows XP to Windows Vista IS installing the vista OS. An OS is all that vista is.
If you can tell me how to change my volkswagon into a mercedes without buying a mercedes.
It is everything or nothing. You either have Vista or you have XP.
hahaha!



Okay, seriously, I dont mean this as anything more than a question: What exactly do you mean by changing from windows xp to windows vista without installing Vista?



The way you phrased that is equal to saying that you want to have a cup of milk without actually having milk.
I know what you're asking! You want the look and some or most of the features included in Vista running on your current install of XP, right? Here you go!



http://lifehacker.com/389735/get-vistas-鈥?/a>



I know about many other programs and scripts that will bring you closer to that goal but since I'm at work, you'd have to send me an e-mail to remind me and I'll be glad to send you a more detailed list. Hope this helps :)