Wednesday 26 October 2011

How to change vista to windows xp?

My office just got a new toshiba vista lap top and we are trying to hook it up to the printer on the network without it actually being plugged into the printer. The other two laptops on the network are windows xp and when I try to add the windows vista it still will not print. Is there any way I can change the vista to xp so that all the laptops work together on the network?
How to change vista to windows xp?
Have you verified that you're using Vista printer drivers? And try checking the printer manufacturer's website for notes on this. For example, I have an HP LaserJet 1012, which isn't supported under Vista, but works fine with the Vista driver for the 1015.
How to change vista to windows xp?
Hey,

i am pretty sure that the new laptop from Toshiba you have wont support windows XP as all the new laptops that are there in the market are only meant for windows Vista and the later versions like Windows 7. Its basically the hardware in the laptop that wont be compatible with windows XP so i would not recommend even trying to install it. You can confirm the same by going to the Toshiba website and checking the specifications of your laptop.



I would recommend you to add the new laptop in the existing network and if its connected in the correct manner that there shouldn't be a problem. Networking windows vista with XP is not an issue.



Feel free to contact me on yahoo anytime, I am online 24*7.Even if it says that I am offline, I am online and you can message me on yahoo messenger too.
You have to get a Windows XP install CD (full install, not upgrade) and install that. You will lose everything currently on the laptop so make sure you back up all the important files