Wednesday 26 October 2011

CHANGE WINDOWS VISTA TO WINDOWS XP?

Hi All,



Recently i have purchase a Dell Computer include windows Vista. I don't want to use windows vista, i want to degrade to windows XP, can i only insert my XP installation CD, then format my PC, do u think is it a good way to do it that way or else there's another way to remove the VISTA from my PC and use my XP. Please help me how can i proceed to eliminates vista completely on my PC, because i have my original XP which i have already purchased.



Thanks
CHANGE WINDOWS VISTA TO WINDOWS XP?
BEFORE YOU DO THAT.

You may want to FIRST make a backup copy of ALL SOFTWARE on the computer by using Dell's Backup utilities (read up http://oem.windowsreinstall.com/dell/del鈥?/a> )

this probably work the same in Vista.



once you created those restore dvds.



you can then go ahead with installing windows XP as usual by insert the xp CD into the machine and reboot.
CHANGE WINDOWS VISTA TO WINDOWS XP?
Just install Windows XP over Vista. But beware, XP sucks, especially with newer hardware. You're likely to run into tons of problems along the way.



In all honestly, Vista is far superior to XP.
Back up anything on there you want and Format it. Vista is a weird OS. When you install a fresh OS like XP or Vista the best way to do it is with a clean format. Vista may be a more powerful OS however it still is rife with issues. XP pro should work just fine :P. Many people are holding out until Window's 7 which is so far looking REALLY good in BETA testing.
Yes you can go ahead and just boot up to your XP disk and format and install XP. That is about the only way to do it and better if you do it that way! I don't blame you one bit for wanting to remove Vista! I hate it myself and don't use it besides in a VM just so I know how to fix stuff on it for customers!
Mine came with Vista. All I did was wipe my harddrive then run the XP installation disk. It works fine.
I'd go with XP over Vista. I've heard that Vista slows computers down. Even if you do have a fast cpu %26amp; ram.

You'll have to save anything you wanted to keep and reformat your hard drive and install XP

Everyone thought Vista was good, but 90% of the population are still with XP or going back to XP.