Friday 7 October 2011

How to change these windows xp settings?

I wanna 2 change d windows xp settings like registered name %26amp; company.



Suppose registered name : my_pets_name

company : my_insurance



Now I wish 2 change it like this----



registered name : my name

company : Info1



How do I do these? I am d administrator.
How to change these windows xp settings?
1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.

3. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\鈥?NT\CurrentVersion

4. To change the company name, do the following:



In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOrganization. Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.

5. To change the name of the registered owner, do the following:



In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOwner. Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.

6. Click Exit on the File menu to quit Registry Editor.
How to change these windows xp settings?
What exactly are these settings for? Where in XP?
Start--%26gt;

Run--%26gt;

Regedit



Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion



Double click on RegisteredOrganization, RegisteredOwner, or ProductId to change the info.
go to start/control panel/system/computer name/change, that should do it.