Wednesday 26 October 2011

Hello, I when I try to change my windows xp screen resolution, The slider Will not move! How do i fix it?!?!?!?

it doesnt slide u click at one of the ends
Hello, I when I try to change my windows xp screen resolution, The slider Will not move! How do i fix it?!?!?!?
If the slider is all the way over to the right it means that your graphics card does not support any higher resolution that what it is set for.
Hello, I when I try to change my windows xp screen resolution, The slider Will not move! How do i fix it?!?!?!?
If its whited out and wont slide you need to reinstall your video driver.
Update the video card driver.
Sounds like you need to install drivers for your video card.

When the rersolution slider won't allow you to change resolution it is a sure sign that the correct hardware drivers are not installed.



Find out what hardware you have and visit the website to get the drvers.



Probably one of the following:

www.nvidia.com

www.ati.com

www.intel.com
You update your graphics card or your monitor!
Make sure that you have the right driver installed for your video card.



Click Start -%26gt; Run



Copy and paste the following line in the box to open the device manager:

mmc devmgmt.msc



Look under Display Adapters. It should say what kind of video card you have. Go and get the most up-to-date video driver for your card. This will mormally be from nvidia.com or ati.com.